quad-normandie Index du Forum

quad-normandie
Le forum rassemble les quadeurs du secteur et de ses environs. Proposer vos randonnées ou participer a des sorties quad.

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

be it's the

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    quad-normandie Index du Forum -> TOUT L'UNIVERS DU QUAD -> Compétitions :
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
elaine95
Quadeur actif
Quadeur actif

Quad: fdsfdsf
Féminin

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Sep - 04:33 (2018)    Sujet du message: be it's the Répondre en citant

Now that he can see clearly again Sean Harlow Jersey , Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Brandon Williams is ready to resume his lucrative NFL career. Williams has an eye disease called keratoconus, a degenerative disorder which warps the corneas and can potentially cause blindness if left untreated.
”It started to hinder my seeing the board when we went over plays, so I had to get it fixed,” Williams said. ”Once it starts messing with your craft, your career, you definitely have to put your attention on that before you do anything else.”
The condition is rare, and there is no cure. But it can be controlled by surgery.
”I was scared,” Williams acknowledged, ”but also relieved that there was a treatment out there that could help me.”
The procedure is called cross-linking, which limits the progression of the disease by strengthening the corneas. Williams had surgery on his more troublesome left eye before the 2017 season and had the right eye corrected earlier this month.
And now, the 340-pounder is eager to do his part to help the Ravens get back into the playoffs after a three-year absence.
”I can do everything I used to do,” Williams declared. ”Nothing is stopping me.”
That’s good news for the Ravens Carl Banks Jersey , who gave Williams a five-year, $52.5 million contract last year. Selected out of Missouri Southern State in the third round of the 2013 draft, the 29-year-old has been a vital cog in a Baltimore defense built first to stop the run.
Williams missed four games with a foot injury last year. The Ravens went 1-3 without him and 8-4 when he was in the lineup.
”He’s the main piece for our defense,” Baltimore coach John Harbaugh said.
Rajesh K. Rajpal, M.D., founder of See Clearly Vision Group in Virginia and an expert on laser eye surgery, performed both operations on Williams’ eyes.
”It almost always affects both eyes – 98 to 99 percent of the time – but usually one eye will be more severe,” Rajpal said. ”Now that both eyes are done, Brandon should be fine. But we will continue to monitor him to make sure it doesn’t get worse.”
Williams wears contact lenses to aid his vision, but removes them on game days.
”In his case, the lenses he’s using allow him to function well enough in day-to-day activities,” Rajpal said. ”During the football season Dion Dawkins Jersey , he plays without the lens because he doesn’t want to take a chance of getting something beneath the lens and damaging his eye. That’s OK, because he’s doing things up close and a lot of it is about feel.”
Rajpal added: ”A baseball pitcher or a batter, it would be really tough for them to function without the contact lenses if they have this condition.”
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Tommy Pham has undergone cross-linking and wears contact lenses on the field.
When Williams first experienced blurry vision, he figured he needed LASIK surgery. But Rajpal says LASIK would actually further thin the cornea.
”When we’re doing the testing for LASIK, we do corneal topography, which maps the corneal curvature,” Rajpal said. ”If keratoconus is significant enough, we offer the cross-linking.”
If left untreated, the disease can be dangerous.
”Then we have to a corneal transplant,” Rajpal said. ”Fortunately, the vast majority don’t completely lose their vision.”
Williams nevertheless knows he avoided a potentially life-changing situation.
”I am thankful for having my sight,” he said. Then Chase Allen Jersey , with a chuckle, he added, ”I don’t have to be blind, so that’s a plus.”

There's no questioning C.J. Prosise's talent, only his ability to remain on the football field.
The third-year running back for the Seattle Seahawks has been plagued by injuries throughout his first two years in the NFL. From serious ailments like a fractured scapula, broken wrist bone and high-ankle sprains to more minor ones like groin, hamstring and hip strains, Prosise has been sidelined constantly.
With Chris Carson back from injury himself and Seattle using their first-round pick on San Diego State back Rashaad Penny, there is an urgency for Prosise to be able to stay healthy and contribute regularly this season.
Prosise spent the offseason trying to get physically ready to make the most of what could be a final opportunity with Seattle.
"I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life," Prosise said. "I feel like I can do anything on the field. I feel 100 percent and ready to go so I'm excited for this camp. We play a physical game and injuries happen and you can't avoid it. This offseason was geared around getting my body prepared to take the punishment that my body needs to take and so my body is in that position to do that now. So I'm ready to play."
Prosise buckled down with a personal trainer this offseason and was focused on putting himself in a position to withstand the types of injuries that had hampered him his first two seasons.
"That was a big change I made," Prosise said. "Before this I didn't put as much work as I should have been putting in. Now, I've kind of figured out my regimen. And also just getting on the field every day and working with drills Marquel Lee Jersey , specific running back drills and stuff. For the most part hitting the weight room really hard and getting my body toned up and ready for the season is really what's helped the most."
Prosise has played in just 11 games in his two years in Seattle. But the limited action was still enough to show the type of player he can be when he's in peak form. As a rookie in his first career start, he gained 153 yards from scrimmage in a victory over a New England Patriots team that would go on to the win the Super Bowl. His ability to perform both as a runner and as a receiver out of the backfield caused fits for the Patriots defense.
A week later, Prosise broke free for a 72-yard touchdown run against the Philadelphia Eagles. Then Prosise was sidelined when he broke his shoulder blade late in the first half and missed the rest of the season.
A pair of high-ankle sprains held him to just five games played a year ago as well.
Maybe it's the same tease he's provided in his first two camps with Seattle but Prosise is again drawing praise in the early stages of training camp.
"I'm so fired up for him," head coach Pete Carroll said. "He's always been such a terrific potential guy and he has just not been able to stay healthy. He's leaner and stronger. He just is more fit, which screams at how hard he worked and how important this is to him. Couldn't send a better message."
The old adage that your greatest ability is your availability couldn't be more apt when it comes to Prosise. All of his potential will go unrealized if he's not available on Sundays due to injuries. But as Seattle tries to right a rushing attack that managed just one rushing touchdown from the running back position all last season, having an athlete like Prosise at its disposal would be welcome.
NOTES: LB Joshua Perry, who announced his retirement from the NFL earlier this week due to concussions, told NBC's "Today Show" on Thursday that he believes the NFL is doing enough when it comes to concussions. "I think the hardest part.is the research is a little bit fuzzy. I think that we do a great job in terms of the protocol that the NFL has. Coaches aren't pressuring players to get back, I think players feel their own type of pressure to be there for their teammates." Perry had a long post on social media earlier this week announcing he was stepping away after suffering a sixth concussion in the opening days of training camp. Perry was a fourth-round pick of the Chargers in 2016. He signed with Seattle in June.
Collin Sexton Jersey

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Sep - 04:33 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    quad-normandie Index du Forum -> TOUT L'UNIVERS DU QUAD -> Compétitions : Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation